Week 51 of 52: Actually, I Tell You What

We celebrated George’s fourth birthday last weekend.  We talked about having a party in town with church and childcare friends.  George wanted his cousin Colton to come.  Colton lives in another state, so we celebrated here as a family, then took the show on the road.


Yummy caramel cake from Cecilia’s. Actually wasn’t so yummy until 11 seconds in the microwave, then oh my, oh my.


Watching him play with all the big boy toys was bittersweet.
 



Georgisms:

1. He starts every other sentence with “Actually”. Context: Anything.  He even begins phone conversations with my parents, not with “Hello”, but “Actually…”


2. He will be talking and before he states a new idea, he says, “I tell you what,” I do this too, and I wonder if it's a mountain colloquialism.


3. “The Deal Is…” Context: I'm stating my opinion so listen up. Used only if "I tell you what" didn't sway the audience.


4. “Well, that’ll show us Samuel.” Context: Samuel dropping pacifier on the floor.


Speaking of Samuel, we are seeing more of his personality come out.

Having an "Excuse me Audience, may I have your attention over here, yes, over here on center stage." moment.  I can't imagine where he gets that from (ahem, Walter). 

Feet on table, ala Gregg Gibson style at this age.  I couldn't get the tones right, but alas.

1 comments:

Tamara said...

This post made me chuckle! I know you say "I tell you what..." and I love that he does too. Beautiful pictures. Precious boys. Love that S likes to steal attention (and learned something new about W)!

Post a Comment