Week 22 of 52 - Beach Vacation becomes Staycation...

Tell the truth, as the temps hit mid-nineties, you’ve thought about the beach this week, haven’t you?

I certainly have.  According to my family calendar, I’m on the North Carolina coast right now.  We had an opportunity to travel with Walt to a work conference.  I’ve looked forward to it for months.  

Free room, the only expenses would be gas and food.  As the time drew closer and gas prices inched higher, we realized the vacation would impact a bigger financial goal.  So we re-grouped and the beach vacation became staycation for me and the boys.

Once I adjusted to the reality, I unfurled my to-do list and realized the opportunity before me - to catch up!  Mounds of scrapbooking and photo editing were at the top of the list.  So for the first time ever, I sent the boys to the sitter’s house and stayed home to work on these projects. 

I had a pang when I told George that daddy was at the beach and he asked, “Why we not go?”  I told him we needed to save the money right now. He dug in his pocket, handed me some make-believe money, and said, “I’ve got money for the beach.” I fought the urge to grab a suitcase and hit the road at that very moment, and instead told him to wait; we would celebrate later this year.

A couple edits from a lovely couple's wedding that I worked on this week…


1 comments:

marlowe said...

Kim, your pictures are gorgeous! ... and you have incredible discipline.

Post a Comment